Deeper Learning Leadership: Reimagining Transformative Leadership Practices
District leaders play a pivotal role in driving transformative change and fostering deeper learning experiences within schools. Designed specifically for these visionary school leaders, the Leader21•Principal Leader Lab offers a unique and immersive
workshop aimed at developing the essential leadership skills necessary to actively promote and scale deeper learning.
This dynamic learning experience is designed for educators that have a clear vision for 21st-century learning and are committed to fostering deeper educational experiences for students. Participants of Leader21•Principal will engage in a journey
of self-reflection and exploration, examining their leadership practices across the four domains of our Leadership Framework: Leading yourself, leading the organization, leading others, and leading the learning. Participants will develop a deep understanding
of key shifts necessary to create an environment where all learners—students and educators—become active and engaged, prepared for success in school and beyond.
The goal is to emerge as empowered and transformative leaders, equipped with the skills and insights to drive 21st-century, deeper learning within their schools and systems. They will leave with an action plan, practical strategies, and a network of like-minded
leaders to support their ongoing growth and development.
Participants in this Leader Lab will:
- Identify and refine leadership practices with immediate practical application to support educators in designing and implementing deeper learning experiences.
- Receive tools for reflection and implementation to support educators.
- Explore techniques for effective communication, coaching, and feedback.
- Engage in a transformative journey of self-reflection and exploration, critically examining individual leadership practices.
- Explore strategies to enhance leadership presence, resilience, and ethical decision-making, laying a strong foundation for the leadership journey.
- Develop a deep understanding of how to create an environment where students become active, engaged learners, prepared for success in the 21st century.
- Leave with a clear and actionable plan to reimagine transformative leadership practices.
Who Should Join?
- Principals/Assistant Principals
- Aspiring Principals/Teacher Leaders
- Supervisors/Coaches of School Principals
Facilitator: Shannon King, PhD, Chief Learning Officer