Human Capital Management Systems
Are you prepared to recruit, grow, and retain top talent?
The quality of the people in our classrooms and schools is as important as it’s ever been, as school systems work to prepare all students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to succeed in college, careers, and life.
To create meaningful 21st century learning experiences for all students, school systems need a 21st century approach to human capital management systems.
Battelle for Kids provides strategic counsel and services that help states, systems, and schools align their human capital processes to attract, grow, and retain top talent critical to building a 21st century education system.
In collaboration with the American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA)
, Battelle for Kids developed the certification program for human capital leaders in Pre-K–12 education.
The Professional Human Capital Leader in Education (pHCLE) certification program is rooted in new professional standards that outline the competencies that human capital leaders should master to:
- Develop comprehensive human capital management systems (HCMS)
- Manage key human capital decisions, in areas such as workforce planning, recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, and professional development
- Balance strategic and transactional HR practices
- Build a cohesive HCMS through branding and communication
- Maximize the use of data for continuous improvement
- Implement the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and other state and federal policies impacting human capital in education
The HCLE standards were informed by feedback from hundreds of educators from across the country, including AASPA and its state affiliates. Download a copy of the standards
THE HCLE PROGRAM PROVIDED ME WITH INVALUABLE RESOURCES THAT ALLOWED ME TO RETURN TO MY DISTRICT AND ESTABLISH PROCESSES WITH IMMEDIATE POSITIVE RESULTS.
Steffanie Frost, Director of Human Resources, McMinnville School District, Oregon