As many school districts struggle to recruit and retain top talent and ensure equitable access to excellent educators, schools need knowledgeable and skilled human capital professionals now more than ever.
Battelle for Kids, in collaboration with the American Association of School Personnel Administrators (AASPA), is pleased to announce the development of new professional standards for human capital leaders in Pre-K‒12 education. The standards outline the competencies that human capital leaders should master to:
- Develop comprehensive human capital management systems (HCMS)
- Manage key human capital decisions, in areas, such as workforce planning, recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, and professional development
- Balance strategic and transactional HR practices
- Build a cohesive HCMS through branding and communication
- Maximize the use of data for continuous improvement
- Implement the new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and other state and federal policies impacting human capital in education
The standards are rooted in research and best practices specific to human capital in education. We also collected feedback from hundreds of educators across the country to inform the development of the standards.
View a copy of the standards and submit your feedback by January 20, 2017.